Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Refreshed Introduction of blog, a small rant and a small but brave Canadian...

I have a confession to make *drumroll effect*...I am not perfect. And I am not at all the Mormon you would ever dream of meeting. But I decided, for my new blog readers, that I would refresh who I am and what I believe in. And then...I will go on  tiny rant. (I mean duh, what is my blog without a rant...). And some big news. Okay. Here we go.

I am first and foremost Erin Clegg. I am almost seventeen. And yes, I am a blogger. I love to write and sing. If you combine those two wonderful things, you will see that I am a songwriter as well. And I am Mormon. And I love it! But I am definitely not your...hmmm...typical Mormon. I am gay...(I think all of us are just a little bit gay anyway...) and I ain't afraid to say it. What I mean by  gay though isn't that I wouldn't see myself with a guy. I just think love knows no gender. This does not seem like a big deal to me. I never realized how profound me coming out would truly be...until I came out. It was kind of like those moments you seem to never forget. (Well, another duh...coming out is pretty huge. It shouldn't be, but it is).

I am also a huge activist. Let me just list all the things I advocate for...
I advocate for...
Marriage Equality
Gender Equality
Animal Rights
Human Rights
Environmental Rights
Immigrant Rights

I am also advocating organizations like...

Unicef
NOH8
It Gets Better
Love is Louder
The Gay Christian Network

So...I know that is a lot to take in. And some of you already may know those things about me. But I feel if you never say what you feel and you never show who you are...your life is just a joke. I don't want to spend my life silent to please others. I don't care if I will get hate for it. I rather get hate for something I believe in, then praise for something I don't.
And so if you feel strongly opposing to any of these things or organizations I listed, I suggest you leave my blog because I will not shut up about it. At all.

Many people ask me if I will regret all my "attention seeking" and "disapproving" blog, speeches  and opinions. My response is...you must not know about me. I don't do regrets. Everything I say I think is worth saying. It may be wrong and it may be right. But if we only did what seemed right in most other's eyes but wrong in our own...how then can we be truly happy? I find myself the happiest when I stand up for what I believe in and do things to help others and in service to others. I don't feel happy lying to myself of who I am and what I want in my life. So...I guess what I am trying to say is even if I marry a guy and or if I marry a girl, I will still be happy. Even if I have kids or if I don't have kids, I still be happy. Even if I am a stay at home wife or mother or both...I will still be happy. Even if I am not any of those things but have a steady career and all my future cats...I will still  be happy. Why? Because I won't be forcing anything. I won't be faking. And right now, I am happy. And it's all because I came to peace with myself and who I am. And I pray that if you don't feel that way yet...that you will get off your butt and look yourself in the mirror and say "Damn, I am beautiful. I am a beautiful human being and spirit. God made me the way I am, and thank goodness He did. I don't need someone to ok all my choices because I am confident in my intentions. And I will always stay strong."

To be honest, you never even needed me to tell you that. But I did, so...you're welcome. That was sort of the rant. It wasn't so much as an angry rant but something I just needed to get off my chest.

And now for the big surprise. Starting with this blog, I will be doing vlogs (a short video blog) that will only be posted on here...and youtube. So, here ya'll go. The topic is...Inspirational Person of the Day. Check out the vlog below to see who it is!
















HINT HINT --- The tiny but brave Canadian is Ellen Page...If you didn't get it already.

xo Be kind to one another xo

- Erin





No comments:

Post a Comment