Tuesday, February 18, 2014

My Views on The Legalization of Marijuana




I'm going to make this sweet, potent and short.


I think marijuana SHOULD be legalized.


Why?


Because people are currently smoking weed illegally.
And they do not care.

If we seriously permit tobacco to be smoked, why not marijuana?

No deaths I have heard of, have come from smoking marijuana.

Let me tell you what weed does to you.

1) Weed makes you high...
2) Weed makes you hungry...
3) Weed makes you horny...
4) Weed makes you sleepy...

Do these effects sound lethal to you?

And sometimes, depending on the cannabis, some kind allow certain people to focus better.

Now you might be wondering why I care about this subject.
I care about this subject because I do not think it is right that marijuana is illegal. It does not have such negative effects as alcohol and tobacco, yet those two deadly drugs are legal.

Yet, I also believe in moderation. I think too much of something will always be a bad thing.

So I find it quite hypocritical that the law and many anti-drug advocates call for illegalization of marijuana, when they probably drink soda.
Too much of soda can have a negative effect on someone's life long health. Why not ban soda? Soda also contains caffeine. Caffeine is considered a drug. Might as well ban that as well.

Oh wait, but then that means the cops can't enjoy their daily coffee run, am I correct?

And again, there is no extensive harm from marijuana, taken moderately. Of coarse smoking in general will cause some damage to the lungs, but so does too much dairy. Might as well ban that as well.

And I might as well add that, hypothetically speaking of coarse, if I smoke marijuana and I get high and decide "Nah, weed isn't that great. I may try it again in a few months, but it was a good experience". Would you say weed is an addictive drug?

Anything can be addictive.
The internet can be QUITE addictive. Are you seriously going to ban that too?

Now do you see my point here?
I am not justifying that marijuana is this healthy option and that everyone should chime in. I know of many people that get hooked on marijuana then get hitched on other drugs.

What I am saying is it is not right that we incarcerate kids who just want to get high.

Let me put it like this...They say "Marijuana can ruin your life, so if we catch you with it, you will be sentenced to jail...and we will ruin your life in replacement!"

The only real danger I see marijuana possessing, is being caught with it.

So yes, I believe weed should be legalized.

We have criminals strolling through the streets, but a few teenagers in jail for experimenting with marijuana? Does that make sense to anyone? Doesn't to me.

Anything that is used too much, can be a bad thing.
But potheads honestly have never harmed anyone.
Usually, they stay home because they're too high to do anything except maybe express themselves artistically, listen to some good music, and go to sleep.

Now does that sound like a lethal drug that should be illegalized?

Think about it.














No comments:

Post a Comment