Saturday, February 1, 2014

Back2TheBeginningAgain





It took me literally 16 years to trust myself. So many people told me to be somebody else. But it hasn't fazed me yet.


First, I want to thank all those who have been by my side. Thank you. I love you. More than you know.

From now on though, my blogs will go back to being more preachy then personal. But I, in no way, regret coming out. It is something that has caused much havoc in my life but it feels nice to not hide myself. I feel...at peace, recognizing myself but also realizing that what I want in the future is to marry in the temple with my eternal partner. And I'm glad to announce that I am currently working on some new stuff...hint hint..music.

I've had many people ridicule me. For example...

How can you have same-sex attraction but be Mormon?

How can you involve yourself as a non-denominational worship singer if you're Mormon?

How can you support gay people...when you're Mormon?

How can you say homosexuality isn't wrong when you're Mormon?

How can you say you've dabbled in drugs, had an eating disorder and depression problems if you're Mormon?

I'll tell you why.

Because Mormon doesn't mean to be republican
Because Mormon doesn't mean you can't be gay
Because Mormon doesn't mean you can't worship to Christian Music
Because Mormon doesn't mean I haven't made mistakes
Because Mormon doesn't mean you have to be like other Mormons


Let me tell you what "being Mormon" actually means...

Being Mormon foremost means to love one another
Being Mormon means to help the poor, needy and wounded
Being Mormon is about accepting the fact you aren't perfect, but through Jesus, you can do better
Being Mormon is about worshipping God, no matter how you worship to Him (through prayers, hymns, scripture-reading or maybe through a Christian rock band you really like...as long as its giving Him praise, He accepts it wholeheartedly)
Being Mormon means no matter your sexuality, race or background you know God loves you and you know that temple marriages are important, but if you don't get the opportunity it's okay
Being Mormon is about exemplifying JESUS, not other Mormons


And that we aren't "Mormons". That's just a nickname because we have The Book of Mormon. Don't forget; we believe in the bible too!
We call ourselves members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and even more appropriately, we are disciples of Jesus Christ, only wanting to share His salvation and message in all we do and say


Honestly, it feels as if I am going back to the beginning again after my coming out. But it's a good feeling, knowing that my beliefs never changed. That's what's so awesome about GOD. Is the things that shake us, don't shake GOD. Because He is God. And He doesn't change. So praise to Him and His beloved Son, the precious Savior of the World. And bless you too. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment