Saturday, January 4, 2014

Come out, come wherever you are....

"In an ideal world, I wouldn't be doing this video because it shouldn't matter" - Tom Daley on his Coming Out Youtube Video. ////// My rendition of Tom Daley's quote: "In an ideal world, I wouldn't have to address this because it shouldn't matter."




I recently came out to the public a few weeks ago on this blog actually. I quickly deleted the post, afraid of how people would respond. Let me say this; I will not delete this post. I will not delete this moment in my life. Because seriously. It shouldn't matter if I'm lesbian, bisexual or whatever. It is my life. I know that sounds selfish. Don't think I came out not knowing that a lot people I love would get offended. Some people might think God, my greatest friend and my Heavenly Father, is offended. He might be. I'm not sure on his stance of who I am. But I know this; God loves us all, nonetheless. You can call me whatever you want. A dyke, a sinner, a lesbo etc. I've already been named vegay. Because I'm a strict vegetarian and apparently gay. But know this; Gay's original definition is meant to be happiness. And I am happy. I'm the same person I was before. I was just keeping this to myself, afraid of how everyone would think. But see, I'm not anymore. I'm really happy. Does this mean I am happy with someone? I don't talk about any of my intimate relationships to the public, so that will not be addressed. But let me just say this; I am very happy in my life right now. I just really wanted to come out finally without being ashamed. And also, people think by being "gay" or whatever that you suddenly lose interest in God, if you were religious. Well guess what? I'm still religious. I'm still that dorky Mormon, who is obsessed with living for God and who prays to Him and *gasp* still believes in the Church.


"When one hides such a critical part of one's self, everything becomes hidden. It's not like I could have real and meaningful friendships, but just leave out the "gay thing". Imagine your straight, married friends having a substantive friendship with you while never mentioning their spouse -- ever. You just can't pick and choose parts of yourself to share and expect any real degree of validity.....It is my deep belief that someday I will meet my maker and I will be asked who I am and what I did for others.
Everyday, I am working hard, preparing my answer to be, "I am a gay, Christian, farm girl from Kansas who sang Country Music and I did the very best I could do -- to know God and to share God." - Chely Wright...source:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/chely-wright/gay-christian-country-singer_b_880736.html


And as for me. I know that when I stand before my Maker as well, I will not be ashamed. I will tell my beautiful Father, "Lord, I am not straight. I am gay, bisexual whatever you want to call it. I'd like to call it normal. And God, I tried the best I can to spread Your love and Word. I know who I am now, Lord.














1 John 4:7-8  Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.  Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.

Read more: http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/20-inspirational-bible-verses-about-gods-love/#ixzz2pV9ynDTV


















1 John 4:7-8  Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.  Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment