Thursday, December 5, 2013

Life Is Curious...by Erin Clegg

My darlings, life is so curious 
Can you even see
I don't even know why there has to be answers
You know, because life isn't fun 
When there aren't any questions to dig
There isn't any stories to tell
The ones that are suspenseful
Well, those are the best
And loves, I have a story to tell
It's my life well of coarse
And stories, they don't follow the rules
Oh no, stories tell a tale of breaking them
And finding yourself through nakedness
Striping down your internal impurities 
Will only make you boring
Because if we were on this earth to be good
Why did this so called God allow bad
Now don't get me darlings,
I don't rejoice in the devilish ways
But through hell will we find heaven
Like dear old Dante did
But there is no heaven and there is no hell
Unless you think you are in one of the two
See, when I'm overcome with gallows of sorrow
It is hell I see on earth, I swear it to be the truth
And when I'm happy, which I don't really know what happy is,
I guess I feel like I'm in heaven too
What is heaven
What is hell
What is devil
What is God
We are all
of the above
For we decide our destiny 
I hope and pray though, at the ends of our days
We won't turn into dust
At least, Great Universe, let us be the stars
How curious it is though, I feel the most peaceful
when I'm talking to the Above
Because even if He is there and even if He isn't
At least the Moon is
And I forget all my doubts and tribulations
And rejoice in the curious tomorrow 
Life is curious...it should be that way
Because when we die, who knows what will see..............



- Erin Clegg

No comments:

Post a Comment