Friday, December 13, 2013

God's love never fails

“How could ye have rejected that Jesus who stood with open arms to receive you?” (Mormon 6:17)

I've been asked by many of my peers, why I chose to be Mormon, and why I am not ashamed of being Mormon and why I love the church...and I'll tell ya.



During the most struggling and gruesome trials in my life, it is Christ who helps strengthen my testimony in this beloved Church, when I accept His love and guidance. Jesus is ultimately the center of this Church. He is the founder thereof. And I have searched the whole world to find another religion that could cause such joy and happiness and such peace, and I could find none except the Church I am in now; The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.


Some members I've met, especially my fellow youth, will tell me that they do not know for sure if the Church is true. "Well," I say, "have you prayed about it?". The answer is usually no, so I think that's the first step. If you are in doubt, or have a question and you are frustrated that you can't seem to find an answer, ask God. He isn't merely a clockmaker, who creates and doesn't involve Himself in his creations existence. God's whole purpose is to "bring to pass the immortality of man". And by this, we can come to know God better, and even someday become like Him. How amazing is that? Our God is a merciful God and has provided so many tools and ways to communicate with Him, receive revelation from Him and come back to HIM. God is not a secretive God and neither is this Church. We invite all men, to come and partake of the blessings beyond compare.



Embedded image permalink





Now in my experience, it was little different. I was born in the Church but never sense a connection with God and had my doubts. I then involved myself with the wrong people, the wrong crowd you say. But mostly, I felt lonely and desperate for something I didn't even know I had. I was longing for God's love. And so, I asked God for myself, if He was there and I can tell you He is. His love is so tangible and everlasting. But God is open to all men, who desire Him. But no one can stop Heavenly Father from loving us. You are permitted to not believe in Him, but you cannot ever convince God to love you any less. Regardless of any sin, of your background, of your doubts...God's love never fails. If you allow His presence He won't relent until He has it all. What love is that? It is Christ's love. It is God's love. It is love. And when the day comes, where we meet our Savior again, I feel as though if we didn't do the best we could've and we rejected His blessings and most of all love, we will all regret it at the last day. But there is still hope and it is called the Atonement.


It baffles me that somehow, we reject His endless adoration and love towards us. It baffles me how some people can not accept the Atonement. I think it is because we cannot comprehend His love. Most of the time, the reason we have doubts about God, is because we do not know how much He truly loves us. Like Kari Jobe says in her graceful words..."What love is, that You gave Your life for me...and made a way for me to know you? What love is that?" It is Christ's love. It is God's love. It is love. "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." (John 15:13).





Embedded image permalink






And His love never fails, it never gives up, it never runs out on me...- Jesus Culture. It truly does not. No matter who you were before, no matter who you are today, you can change through the atonement of Christ and His wondrous grace. You can't do it all on your own. I know I cannot fathom being controlled over someone else but God isn't a controlling God, He is a loving one. And all His commandments and covenants we seal upon ourselves, our for our greater good. We may not know why now, but I've realized the best way to prove to yourself that the Lord's way is the best way is to tell yourself why not and simply, do it.

After you follow the commandments and try your best, I promise you that you will notice the blessings His word gives. Our God is a faithful God and He is also our Heavenly Father who loves us. He sent His only Begotten Son to die for us. And Christ too, loves us infinitely. How can we not accept their open arms? How can we not? The answer is this: Don't reject, accept.


Embedded image permalink



















1 comment:

  1. Hello Erin. So good to know you through your profile on the blogger. I am also glad to stop by your blog "The Curious Life of Peculiar Me" and the post on it "God's love never fails". Very encouraging sharing and how true it is that God's love never fails. Seeing your love for the Lord I just felt strongly to share with you about an opportunity you can have to come to Mumbai, India on a short / long term missions trip to work with us. I am in the Pastoral ministry for last 34yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with great contrast where richest of rich and poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourge young people as well as adults from the west to come to Mumbai on a short / long term missions trip to work with us during their summer vacation. We would love to have you come with your friends to work with us. My email id is : dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you. May you have a very blessed and joyous Christmas and a Christ centered New year.

    ReplyDelete