Monday, October 8, 2012

Called to Serve





                         Let's all be honest, Young Women. When President Monson announced the new age for Missionary work we pretty much we're ethier overwhelmed with excitement or confusion. Excited to serve our Lord quicker then we'd expected! Confused because you had plans at 19 and now you feel like you're obligated to do so. Let me shine some light on the situation.


                         If you are like me, you are both. Excited and confused. I was planning to become this big christian artist who was LDS, and shined her light unto the world through song and praise. Then, BAM! President Monson announcement made me rethink my whole plan in life. I realize that I am only 15 and I don't need to stress myself out too much. But just thinking that in 3 and a half years I could be going on a mission boggles my mind. Honestly though, I think the only thing we need to do is pray. Ask the Lord to reveal what He desires us to do. Don't base your decision on your own instincts. Prayer and studying the scriptures our essential to recieve revelation from our Heavenly Father.


                        All I know is I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the true church and that Jesus Christ is our beloved Savior that came down to redeem us and sacrificed His life for us. I know that I am unworthy but with the help of the Savior I can become better and improve, day by day. I know that I wasn't a mistake. I know Heavenly Father has put me on this earth in THIS time for a reason. I know Joseph Smith was true prophet, I really do. But most of all, I know my Heavenly Father loves me. I know He only wants the best of me. I know I am impatient, moody and at times just plain out unworthy to partake of His presence. But The Lord won't relent until He has ALL OF US. We must surrender ourselves to Him, so He can use us but also so He can love us and share His bountiful blessings.



                        What I don't know is if I'm going on a mission, but no matter what, I will ask of God. He will be the decider, not me. I suggest you do the same. Ask the Lord. Maybe He has different plans for you! And that's okay! God knows your weaknesses and knows your strengths! He knows what you're capable of and knows what you can improve on! Stand tall and firm in the faith but learn to lean on Him. And as you lean, He leans and you will be as one with the Father, through Jesus Christ! Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love me so much, and loves you too! Do not doubt, but believe! Or at least have a particle of faith! That's all you need! I used to think I was the controller in my life. What I say goes. I discovered that is not the case at all. Heavenly Father decides, and we know that He will never let us down! So even if I don't become a singer and I end up going on a mission then end up getting married to LDS priest holder and have kids and be a stay-at-home mom, I won't feel like God has let me down. I won't feel as if my life has no purpose. Through Heavenly Father's plan, our life has purpose beyond our understanding! So, I leave it to Him and I leave it to me, to search HIS plans for ME!

If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen. - 1 Peter 4:11 


When they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon, son of John, do you love me more than these?” He said to him, “Yes, Lord; you know that I love you.” He said to him, “Feed my lambs.” He said to him a second time, “Simon, son of John, do you love me?” He said to him, “Yes, Lord; you know that I love you.” He said to him, “Tend my sheep.” He said to him the third time, “Simon, son of John, do you love me?” Peter was grieved because he said to him the third time, “Do you love me?” and he said to him, “Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you.” Jesus said to him, “Feed my sheep. - John 21:15-17 

For thus saith the Lord—I, the Lord, am merciful and gracious unto those who fear me, and delight to honor those who serve me in righteousness and in truth unto the end. - Doctrine And Covenants 76:5

2 comments:

  1. When Jenna and I were working out together this morning at 6am, we both agreed that you would make a fabulous missionary!

    ReplyDelete