Monday, June 23, 2014

Compassion Over Contention



First, I wanted to dedicate this blog to all the Mormons that have suffered with mental and emotional disorders. I also want to dedicate this blog to all my fellow LGBTQ Mormon brothers and sisters. I also want to dedicate to anyone who feels alone. Because you are not alone.


Here are three videos I believe will strengthen your heart, mind, and soul for good. I have drifted away from the church for a time and have regretted it ever since. Please know that God loves you and has so many blessings in store for you. He will keep all His promises if you just hold on. Our dear Prophets and Apostles care for you deeply, and these videos are to help you draw closer to God's sweet doctrine, and most importantly, His Love. These are the videos that saved my life. Let them save yours. Or at least brighten and enlighten your day. :) 

 





As many of you know, the Church has been in the limelight recently due to the decision making of the ex-communication of John Dehlin and Kate Kelly. I know there is a lot of controversy because of this subject so I will try to keep it as peaceful as possible. But I feel impressed to say what is in my heart...

Love. Love is always the answer. It doesn't matter what you read on New York Times. Or what other Mormons say. Or really what you think. Love is always the answer. Jesus Christ is love. And Jesus is the light, the truth, and the way. So let us exemplify Him through this trial, and give love to John and Kate. They are sons and daughters of God, just as you and I, who have opinions...just like you and me. We are not the judge. God is. Does that mean we cannot sustain our Prophet and apostles? No. Does this mean we cannot have our own opinions? No. Does this mean that we  cannot disagree with John and Kate? No.

As for me, I empathize and somewhat agree with somethings John and Kate have said. But that is simply my opinion. What saddens me, and I am pretty sure saddens our Heavenly Father, is when we try to assume John and Kate's testimony. When we assume their heavenly outcome. That is what is so saddening. Remember; What you say about others, determines more about YOU then the person you are talking about. Always speak love, never hate.



Now I know because of this limelight, some members of the church are getting scrutinized. More meetings are being held to have an open conversation about these subjects. So I have message for all those who will be minorities in this situation;
I just want to remind all my LGBTQ brothers and sisters and my sisters who are apart of Ordain Women to remember this; You are not alone. God loves you. My prayers are for you, not against you. You have people out there who believe in you. You have Savior who loves you more than you will ever know. Do not feel as though you are isolated. Because even if there will be hurtful things said to you, pay no mind. Because the only opinion that matters is God's. Go to Him for wisdom, strength, and answers. Rely on Him and Christ's atonement to give you peace. And don't leave. Stay. Hold on just a little bit longer. You are loved. You belong.

Now I am not saying who is right and who is wrong. Honestly, I feel that God is the only who can determine that. What I am saying is no matter what, we have to love each other. Cut out the contention. It will only leave us in misery. I would know. I used to always feel the need to be malicious and proud while arguing. I've realized that THAT is the adversary taking his place in our hearts. The Spirit leaves when there is contention. It doesn't matter if you are defending the Prophet or your local leaders or if you're on the other side of the spectrum and you are defending human rights and equality...if there is contention...the Spirit will leave on both sides. And who wants that?


So put forth love and empathy and compassion before anything else. Because that is true courage.


No comments:

Post a Comment