Sunday, November 10, 2013

Yes, I am vegan...No I do not starve myself




I've noticed some people wondering if I am going through my old ways of my eating disorder. Let me rest assure, I am NOT. I'm quite confident in my body and I hold a certain amount of dignity that I didn't have before my recovery. Just because I recently gave up starchy foods like pasta and rice and became a vegan and lost some weight doesn't mean I'm going to be anorexic. Actually, I've been in taking more calories than I've ever had...but their the GOOD kinds of calories that throughout the day give you energy and makes your digestive system a whole cycle. I feel so much more satisfied. How? Well, I know many have been wondering what I even eat...and I'll tell ya.


Breakfast: For breakfast I usually have some oatmeal with fruits and cinnamon. It keeps me full until lunch and is such a good source of protein for my day. I also take in my daily B-12 vitamin twice a week with my breakfast because it's essential for vegans. :)


Two hours after breakfast snack: Soynuts or any kinds of nuts really. Many people do not approve of nuts because it is high in fat and calories which is true. But it is the good kinds of calories that help you maintain protein and energy through your day.They also burn quite fast, especially if you work out. (which I highly-recommend)...

Lunch: I usually have fruits and veggies or a salad. I know, it is pretty low in calories but it actually sustains me because....

Two hour snack after lunch: Since I'm hungriest at this time, I have organic snacks like dried peas, fruit salad and whole wheat crackers with tofu. It satisfies my tastebuds. :)


Dinner: I usually have some veggies with hummus and black beans. I keep it small because I'm not usually hungry at night. Then I go to bed with some chamomile herbal tea. At sometimes, I make a big vegan dinner that takes up the time of recipes but it tastes amazing when it's done. :)


So as you can see, I'm taking care of myself very well. And if you're thinking about doing the same thing, do it! Let's veganize the world! Make sure to workout though. Whether it's yoga, running, dancing, aerobics or anything that gets your body moving, don't be afraid to do it. You will literally feel more energized than you have in the longest time. Don't ever starve yourself for the results you'll probably never get. Just stay healthy, (maybe become vegan *wink wink*) and take care of yourself and you'll be fine, darlings. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment